Submitting your Immunization Records

Immunizations may be required to enter the United States and also to study at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.

Immunizations for Travel

All non-U.S. citizen, nonimmigrants traveling to the United States are required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This policy includes F-1 and J-1 students. For details, please refer to the Center for Disease Control.

Immunizations for Study

All new incoming UT Knoxville students, including undergraduate, graduate, transfer, law school, and veterinary medicine students are required to present proof of adequate immunizations and tuberculosis (TB) requirements. More information and a link to the Student Health Portal are available through the Student Health Center.

All students are required to submit proof of:

  • Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) Vaccine – Proof of immunizations with two doses at least 28 days apart or (+) antibody titers for any student born after 1 Jan 1957 is required.

  • Varicella (Chickenpox) Vaccine – Proof of immunizations with two doses at least 28 days apart or a (+) antibody titer is required

  • Tuberculosis (TB) Screening Questionnaire and, if subsequently required, a Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment must be submitted.

Students living on campus are ALSO required to submit proof of:

  • Meningitis ACWY Vaccines – All new incoming students who are under 22 years of age and will be residing in on-campus housing, must have documentation of the Meningococcal Serogroup A, C, W, and Y Vaccine given on or after their 16th birthday or they will not be permitted to move into on-campus housing.

Other currently recommended, but not required, immunizations include:

  • Hepatitis B Vaccine – Proof of immunizations with a three-dose regimen or a (+) antibody titer is required for all Health Science students.

  • Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Vaccine

  • Meningococcal Serogroup B Vaccine

  • Primary Polio series

  • Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap)

  • Covid-19 vaccine

  • Influenza vaccine

Students can request a religious or medical exemption to the immunizations requirement by completing and submitting the immunizations exemption form. Medical exemptions require the signature of a health care provider.

Students can submit their immunizations records or the immunizations exemption form online using the Student Health patient portal.

For questions, please contact